If you experience any crying, burning or discomfort during the procedure, causing your eyes to tear or making you cry, this is a huge red flag and you should certainly speak up. You may need to have your technician change the glue or adhesive. Getting lash extensions should be a completely pain-free experience.
They are produced in the UK and parts of Europe, and have undergone many tests with salon professionals. Independently assessed by the EU and conform to all testing and manufacturing standards required.
Adhesives are ISO cosmetic, medical and surgical High grade approved.
They are rubber impregnated and therefore offer a distinguished degree of flexibility and shock resistance.
Adhesives are high performance and technologically advanced Super Cyanoacrylates, which have been specifically, designed for lash and brow enhancements –Adhesives are light in weight but dense in color, providing an undetectable bond. They have been Individually designed for the weight of the extension and natural hair type. When old extension lashes are removed the natural lash is left in excellent condition. Prevents cross bonding of other or new lashes growing.
Eyelash Extension Glue:
· Mostly Asian based carcinogenic raw materials not designed for cosmetic purposes
· Engineering industrial raw materials characteristics used for longevity and durability
· Poor quality control of manufacturing
· Possibly only some properties have been passed for cosmetic application if stated as having ISO approval
· Strong Odor and vapors released requiring the need to use a puffer or blower to help eradicate vapor sting.
· A Fast or slow set will cause vapors and reaction
· High reactivity - causing redness and high reaction causing watery eye sensitivity
· High irritation - due to the viscosity and the mix- type of industrial raw materials used.
· Carcinogenic and not suitable for lash attachment-causing sensitivity and allergic re-action after repeated use.
· Glue residue will harden and cause irritation
· Glue clogs and sticks lashes together preventing easy teasing apart if required
· Glue has little to no flexibility and will leave the hair brittle
· Non-porous and can cause follicle blockage resulting in sparse or preventing healthy lashes to grow
· Uncomfortable for the client due to lashes becoming clogged - picking can occur
· Lash glue hardening will be uncomfortable for the client encouraging lash picking
· Glue may seem to the client and lash designer that the lashes are more durable 4-6 weeks, than adhesive, due to the sticking or attachment to other young fine lashes preventing natural lash shedding
· Lash Glue will result in harder long term application but will require lash remover to be used for Lash maintenance.
· Can leave client with long term sensitivity resulting in never being able to wear lashes again or similar
Eyelash Extension Adhesive:
· Little to No Odor extremely low sensitivity
· 1 second - No odor - virtual vapor disperse 0.0000.1
· 2 second - No odor - virtual vapor disperse 0.0000.1.1
· Super-Fast Set
· Extremely Low reactivity
· Extremely Low to virtual NO irritation - this is due to the viscosity and quality raw materials used creating a fast set
· Fine and thin therefore no hardening of particles which can occur after a few days of setting
· Lashes remain soft and flexible
· Lashes do not clog together
· Lash follicle does not become blocked due to the adhesive properties
· Minimal amount of adhesive is required to apply lash on lash application
· Allows the natural lash to shed and fall within its lash growth cycle
· Provides an undetectable bond
· Lash Adhesive does not require a remover to remove old lashes during maintenance (the reason product has to be oil free and frequent touch up is required)
· Lashes are easily separated for maintenance
· Lash blower or puffer is not required
· Does not rely on solvents to set the adhesive it relies on natural moisture in the air
· Must not be refrigerated
· Dense Black or crystal clear transparent
However, since allergic reactions are possible, there are different types of glue based on one's sensitivity. You may use a special formula, semi-permanent adhesive that will not irritate the eye nor damage the natural lash.
To avoid any irritation, however, the first safety precaution you can take is to be sure that the glue is safe for your eyes and doesn't contain anything that can harm them, like formaldehyde. Shipping glues across the world often leads to a buildup of formaldehyde by the time they reach the salon.
Can you go blind?
No. Your technician should be trained properly to apply the adhesive and lashes in a way that is completely harmless. Your eyes are closed the entire time of the procedure. No matter how bad an allergic reaction may get, you will never go blind. The worse case scenario is that you need to go to the eye doctor to get specific eye drops to treat an allergic reaction.